Such issues may occur when the desktop resolution (Current Mode) exceeds the resolution supported by the monitor (Native Mode).
It is necessary to adjust the resolution to the resolution supported by the monitor referring to the suggested resolution and refresh rate.
Check the monitor resolution and refresh rate.
1. Windows+R ▶ Enter dxdiag ▶ System tab ▶ Save all information ▶ Save dxdiag.
2. Open saved file (example)
- Current Desktop Resolution: Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (55Hz)
Resolution Supported by the Monitor: Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.978Hz)
How to Change Monitor Refresh Rate
1. Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Display → Change Display Settings.
2. Screen Refresh Rate (S) → Current: [Set below the native-supported refresh rate/resolution].
[Monitor Refresh Rate and Black Screen Display]
1. Check if the game runs properly during the remote support session.
Run the game with the Start Game button on the website (with log-in info pre-entered).
Refresh rate message is displayed on the client screen.
- Confirm the resolution on the desktop of user’s PC after connecting to the game.
- Check if a normal screen is displayed.
2. Adjust the desktop of the user’s PC.
- Change the desktop resolution to 1920 X 1080.
- Run the game with the Start Game button on the website (with log-in info pre-entered).
Check if the game runs properly.
3. Check the monitor driver/supported refresh rate.
Run dxdiag and save: Open the txt file.
- Current Mode: Current resolution and frequency.
- Native Mode: Check resolution and frequency supported by the monitor.
- Adjust the output frequency in PC Resolution and Advanced Options.
- Check if the game runs properly.