Customer Support Team
There are two instances of freezing that we have seen concerning Winning Putt:
1) The application freezes and you cannot interact with anything in the client.
2) The round freezes, you cannot proceed with the round, but you can still access functionality within the game (chat, sound, etc.)
In the event of 1, this issue is generally a hardware-based problem. We call this an "Application Hang" which usually can be attributed to a memory issue. You can send us a ticket to look at your specs to verify the issue. Unfortunately, this is not a problem with the game but a problem occurring with your PC. Please make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements of the game before playing Winning Putt. Below are instructions on what files to send us.
To obtain the DXDIAG file:
1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).
2. Type "dxdiag", and select "OK".
3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.
This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.
To access your Event Log:
1. Go to the Event Viewer within Windows (Start > run > eventvwr.msc)
2. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column. Please make sure you find an event that matches the time/date of your crash.
In the event of 2, this issue is generally experienced by players who have a weak connection strength to the server or if you're playing with someone with a weak connection strength. We can send you back items for this inconvenience as long as there isn't an established history of consistent disconnection-related issues. Our goal is to help you fix repeated disconnections and round freezes. Before we can return items to you, we'll need your speedtest to measure the connection strength between you and the server.
Please take this Speedtest to Richmond, VA and share the results with me:
It's important that you select Richmond, VA as your target location as we're trying to measure your connection's strength from your current location to the location of our server (Richmond, VA).
Once we get this back, we can refund the items. However, if you're experiencing this issue repeatedly, we recommend reading this article and trying to stabilize your connection.
For players outside of the United States, there is unfortunately little we can do for connection problems in other countries. The further away you live from the server, the more likely you'll experience network instability when connecting to the server. All we can do is suggest things to optimize your connection strength (like using a hard wired connection since WiFi is unstable).